[Networkmaine Logo]
Step 5:
Bill Payment
Before Starting Services

In advance of the start of services, you and your service provider(s) should have a conversation about the details of the services you will be receiving. You should also review your contract, if you have one.

In addition, you should determine whether you or your service provider will invoice USAC for the discounted amount of the cost of the services.

After Services Have Started

It is very likely that the funding year will start and you will receive bills from your service provider before you have received a Funding Commitment Decision Letter (FCDL).

Once you do receive an FCDL and once services have started, you will need to file an FCC Form 486 to notify USAC of that fact and that invoices for those services can be processed and paid.

Paying Bills

Applicants are required to pay the non-discount portion of the cost of the goods and services to their service provider(s). Service providers are required to bill applicants for this non-discount portion.

If you will be invoicing USAC for reimbursement, you will also need to pay the discount portion. If the service provider will be invoicing USAC for reimbursement, they do not charge you the discount portion.

USAC assumes that you will pay bills in a timely manner.

Keep copies of all bills, as well as proof of payment. You will need these to file for refunds.